Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Love is Patient

I keep finding myself thinking of life as a journey. I am sure many times we all do. I was looking over some of my older blogs and as much as this was suppose to be a weight loss journey it has kind of become a journey of my life throughout the last couple of years. (I'm not the best with keeping this consistent) I looked up the word journey and it is defined as: The act of traveling from one place to another, a trip. In the last couple of years I didn't plan on traveling from one place to another. I have traveled many places not necessarily physical places as I have done some of this but mostly through experiences.

My husband and I's 3rd year anniversary is coming up on the 16th of May and in just these short 3 years I have had a Journey I guess he would say we. But this blog is about me!! :) I have learned so much and still have a lot to learn about being a wife. For the 1st and 2nd year I was broken because I wasn't the normal wife that like to cook for my husband. As some of my friends do this for their husband. I actually am awful at this not cooking necessarily I just hate it so therefore I'm not passionate about it. I finally come to realization that my husband likes it and it's ok for him to cook. So we finally after almost 3years of battling this we have come to a compromise. If I plan what we are having do the shopping and have it set out ready my husband will do the physical cooking of it. :) Wow what a great idea huh.

Funny this wasn't suppose to really be about my husband and I but I guess we are one now for almost 3 years WOW! So the other journey that I have found myself is being a mom. I'm not going to boast or anything but I know this is what I was created for! I love it! It's truly the best job ever. I love my lil guy so much it hurts as I am sure most moms and dads can relate. One of the first things I remember when Tristen entered into our world on February 9th, 2011 at 9:15 is thinking of the instant love I had for him. I have even developed this relationship with him other than carrying him for 9months I guess. I would define this love as unconditional love. Which is defined as an affection without any limitations. This is when it really connected for me!

Is our Heavenly Father how much he loves us unconditionally. I began to think of this feeling I have for Tristen and began to cry if I love my son truly this much, then my Heavenly Father loves me so much more! WOW can you believe this? I am going to say that again. My Heavenly Father Loves me so much more than I love my own son. It's kind of unfathomable for me to even think about, but I am.

 I guess now I have to start working on this with myself. To love me. I know I am loved by so many people and I love so many people, but I don't think I have truly learned to love myself. I think we are taught as Christian to be selfless and not selfish and I believe as I have tried to walk through this I am still a very selfish person!  I am going to try a lot harder to truly believe that my Father Loves me more than I love my own son. That I can love myself and begin on this journey of become less selfish and become selfless. Thank you all who have loved me unconditionally you are loved too! :)

 I am going to leave with a few versus here that I found on love. There is a lot so I just chose a few! I hope and pray that you know that you are loved so deeply by our heavenly Father! Please take these versus and write them down or print them out and paste them all over your room/house so you begin to truly know that you are loved. :)

Romans 5:8 ESV
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1Corinthians 13:1-13 ESV
 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

1 John 4:16 ESV
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

Romans 5:5 ESV
And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

 Isaiah 49:15-16 ESV
“Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.

Jeremiah 31:3 ESV
The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment