Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Beginning...Feeling Hopeless

This I am beginning to see is not a blog about weight loss as much as it is a journey of my life. I stepped back and read a few of my past blogs and began feeling hopeless about all of this. I have struggled way to long with this stupid battle of weight. I think about several times a day. But this today is not about my weight it about this journey we all call life. Ok my life currently in right now. As I was reading through status on the wonderful social media of facebook I kept seeing people say 2012 is going to be good, it's going to be great!! At church today our Pastor even said the same kind of response. Well as I am an individual for me I felt like it's going to be one of the biggest years that I battle with. In my marriage, in being a mom, in finding myself, in continuing to lose weight, in confidence, fears, emotions. Now I am not trying to speak of my future but this is what I feel right now. HOPELESS.

Out situation isn't the greatest right now but I keep trying to mask on the Christian face and I keep telling myself I should see this as a blessing, I should see the good in this all. By "this all I mean" the end of 2011 sucked for me.

1. Cooper was fired from his job with no rhyme or reason what so ever.
2. We moved back to Montana from Boise because family is comfort in hard times (Blessing)
3. We currently live in a very tiny home (500 ft) in Pony MT population: Ghost town of 300 or less. (Now this is a Blessing also because we are fortunate to have a roof over our head and warmth and my mother in law is not charging us a dime I see this as a blessing for sure but I am struggling big time in this.)
4. I feel that my husband and I are growing apart. (Set in depression I am sure)
5. Cooper found out he is not allowed to collect unemployment because he was fired, but he is fighting this. (So pray hard please)
6. I am no longer losing weight as I found out that I am pregnant. Yes you read that right I am pregnant. Unplanned pregnancy right here. This is probably the hardest thing for me to deal with right now because I am not a joyful parent finding out that I am pregnant. I feel that it is completely wrong timing. The baby will be due August 13th. Then I will be a mother of two children who are 18months apart and it is freaking me out!!! (I do know that God has a plan for us and that his timing his the best even if I am blind to seeing it)
7. I feel more lonely that I have ever ever felt in my life. (Maybe it's the hormones, but it is what I feel right now)
8. I hate putting on a fake smile to pretend that everything is alright.
9. I am still dealing with an emotional loss of a friend (meaning we are no longer friends because of our mess ups with each other. But I am trying to be that Christian friend that will not give up on the relationship because if I do then I must be weak, cold hearted, careless)
10. BIGGEST thing right now is feeling like I'm living in Silence with my heavenly Father. I seem to feel that I can't hear him no longer.
11. Found out that a family member of mine is going to have to go to treatment because of yet another addiction in our family tree.

As I write this I begin to see some of these as not a real serious life threatening thing but others I really see as an attack on my life. I know I know it could be worse right? Wrong! This I feel is my worst and maybe it's just this moment in time but man I don't know if I can take anymore falls lately.

It is 4:43am. I have been up for a couple of hours now. There is Peace I can see it I just don't know when it is coming and that is what is probably driving me to these emotions is not knowing the future right now. At the same time I am glad I don't know. So back to my number 10. I began to talking to God in the wee hours of this morning and I just couldn't decipher if it was myself talking to me or not. Then I became distracted by my smartphone and saw the social media sign calling my name. Good ol Facebook the big White and Blue F... Who says God doesn't speak through facebook and uses his children to speak. I was reading a status Kate Frank's status (now Kate and I have only met a couple of times through the Boise Vineyard and she is wonderful child of God) She posted this bible verse.

Isiah 43:16
"I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea. "But forget all that- it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

This is what I am ending with. WOW and I was doubting The Heavenly Father! I am in the perfect arms of my savior. Thank You JESUS!!!

P.S. If you'd like to pray please pray for my list there of oh pitty me's. Because I do need it!

Love Desiree' May a daughter, princess of Christ!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Des!
    It has been FOREVER since I've seen or talked to you. But, I just read this post, and my heart goes out to you and your family. 2011 was a tough year for me, and I am welcoming a new year with wide open arms. But I also realize there are others who are not ready to open their arms, that God will continue to grow and stretch and try His children. You may feel like 2012 is like a big, dark, scary tunnel right now. That is totally OK! I'm keeping you and your list in my prayers. And look forward to reading your posts throughout the year to see where God leads you through this.
    Love and prayers to you, my friend
    ~d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Des, are you ready for a battle? And I don't mean beat you down battle. I mean, stand up, let's get ready to go to war! War for your marriage, war for your spirit, war for your victory! Satan will not conquer! I pray that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. The Bible tells us to take control of our thoughts, and that Satan must flee at the name of Christ. I pray that the lies he put into your head flee! There is no "Christian face." Life sucks right now! That is why God puts us in fellowship. Do NOT let Satan steal that from you. Do NOT let Satan tell you you are alone. Ok, I am going to call you because we have some praying to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. desiree! thank you for being so honest and sharing. you are right, it doesn't 'make it better' by saying 'well, it could be worse' or 'other people are in harder situations.' you are in a tough situation(s) and i will pray for you!!! i know how it is to be pregnant and feel like it is the WRONG time and also not understanding why God isn't answering in situations that are so dire, painful, even dangerous sometimes. know that we are standing by you and cooper and that you aren't alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Des. It breaks my heart to hear your heart breaking. I totally agree with Alli's post. She said it perfectly...........Get ready to go to war!! You can do it because you can do all things in Christ who strengthens you!!!!! You are being challenged right now but if God didn't think that you could handle it He wouldn't have put it out there for you. You are going to learn patience and perserverance throughout this time. Be silent and listen. Let go and LET GOD. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying! Congratulations on the pregnancy. Sure wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete